Sunday 22 February 2009

Saturday Grauniad

At weekends, I relish sinking into the Saturday Grauniad

Order of attack:
  • Space - to look at beautiful stuff I cannot afford
  • Ottolenghi's veggie recipes - for obvious reasons ...
  • Writers' Rooms - to admire the inevitable creative chaos
  • Lucy Mangan's Book Corner - I think she might actually be me
  • Family - high-brow voyeurism
  • Editorials - strident and entertaining
  • Letters page - ditto, with added bonus of 101 uses for a 35mm film canister
And I tend to leave the Review as a solace for my weekday commute.

Of course, the paper merely reflects back at me my view of the world - I suppose I should really read the Mail or the Express to "broaden" my horizons and remind myself that the world is not full of sandal-wearing, muesli-eating middle class liberal intellectuals but why on earth would I want to do that?

Favourite bit so far in this week's edition: Lucy Mangan on The Wombles

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin