Sunday 28 February 2010

I feel a project coming on!


Totally inspired by Jive Party last night at the sumptuously glamorous Rivoli Ballrooms, I feel a (fiendishly difficult) sewing project coming on. Forgive the wobbly photo, there was a lot of dancing going on!

Being tall, vintage frocks rarely fit so, filled with envy for the fab,flirty shapes twirling on the dance floor last night, I am inspired to make my own from this lovely original fifties/early sixties gown pattern. I picked it up at Camden Passage for home decor purposes, but hey it's complete, so why not have a stab at making it up?

Plus, this seems to be a year of weddings, so another perfect excuse (as if one were needed!) for a divine dress!

Step one: find my ultimate fabric, I'm thinking floral like these amazing retro-inspired prints from Beyond Fabrics

Step two: persuade Mother to pitch in with dress making skills and, ahem, "help"

I'll keep you posted!

[http://thisbutterflymind.blogspot.com]

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun! You totally need to do this and wear it at my wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin