Friday 23 April 2010

Industrious and creative

Given the glorious sunshine, I have been sitting here is my little sun-trap reading the papers all afternoon ... sitting in the doorway of my shed like an old man on an allotment!



This means, however, that what I have not been doing is turning this lovely fabric - thrifted in Farnham, Hampshire, the day before Little Sister's wedding to Warrior Sahib and, yes, they're rapidly approaching their first anniversary - into cushion covers. Who wants to stay in and sew on such an afternoon?!


So, in lieu, here is a bit of something about a far more industrious and creative person than me...

Sianuska has been adding lots of lovely stuff to her Etsy shop: I have always especially loved the collages created from airmail envelopes, dress patterns and old photos, with their sweet retro feel and incredible attention to detail, and now they're available as prints. Hurrah!


And there's brand new bunting, just in time for summer garden parties, made from the whimsical Old Lady Swearwords design: fiddlesticks, indeed!

While you're there, there's some nice finds on her vintage shop: I covet the driving gloves but they're too small for these Lancashire mill worker hands of mine!

I've been making bunting too - very zeitgeisty - from origami paper and pretty saved scraps. Check out my super-pimped shed:


Well, it makes doing laundry a little bit pleasanter, so why not?

2 comments:

  1. Hello my lovely! Just saw this book and thought you'd like it!
    http://www.marionboyars.co.uk/Amy%20individual%20book%20info/Alchemyarts.html
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They sound amazing, must look for that, would love to see what projects they have. Thanks, hon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin