Thursday 26 May 2011

The Toy Maker's Workshop

This amazing toy maker's shop is always closed when I go past it on my way from Gospel Oak overground to Anthony Nolan, where I volunteer on the web team one day a week.

The windows are dusty but full of promise. The jumble of doll's houses, mechanical toys, rocking horses and the like are so evocative, a 'box of delights' of nostalgia and memory.

I can't help peering in the window, it's a bit like one of those sentimental Victorian Christmas card scene of urchins gathered around shop windows.

Maybe one day, I might magically find it open!





I think this guy - possibly the best ever 'Weekender' in the Saturday Guardian, beating the usual Hoxtonite crowd that grace these pages - is connected somehow.

[http://www.thisbutterflymind.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin