Friday 27 January 2012

Living in a Ghost Town


Today I walked to work on the other side of the road. I know, a change is as good as a rest, right? And guess what, I looked up ...



I am slightly obsessed by ghost signs. I love the Peter Ackroyd-esque psychogeographical concept of layers upon layers of local history. And I hanker back to the days of drapers and haberdashers. Tesco Extra just isn't the same.

Clearly I am not alone:
Faded London | Ghost signs
Jane's London | Ghost signs of Camden High Street
Google Images | Ghost signs of London

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Where is that I wonder? I also love the ghost signs of London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, it's on Grays Inn Road in Clerkenwell, can't believe I've never noticed it before.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin