Saturday 25 February 2012

Project Seaside Stripes

Lovely project for today, new covers and matching cushions for a pair of vintage deckchairs rescued by the Boy from our local junk shop.


Gorgeous stripy deckchair fabric from these lovely people, who included stripy sweeties in the package. And my goodness me, choosing colourways was difficult ... 

One false start where I thought I could staple the fabric to the frame using the Boy's seriously scary upholstery staple gun, but the trusty sewing machine was what I really needed.


Now we just need some more of this fantastic sunshine, and it'll be just like the seaside.

The promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire, England, ca. 1898

Blackpool Promenade, 1898 
Image uploaded to Flickr by trialsanderrors

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin