Wednesday 20 March 2013

Reader is dead, long live Reader

Along with half the world's geeks, I was dismayed to find that Google was "powering down" (how's that for a euphemism for "killing off"?!) Google Reader.

You can read their justification here: Official Google Reader Blog | Powering Down Google Reader

I have been playing around with numerous alternatives - I was very Reader dependent, using it to manage all my online reading - and have finally landed on one which has all the functionality of Google Reader and more, plus a really really pretty interface. Feedly seems to be build on the Reader API and, on the upside, it's easy-peasy to import your blog subscriptions across. Unlike NetVibes.

Check it out if, like me, you are dreading Reader-cold-turkey come July...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin