Saturday 6 March 2010

Refining my taste

1. kitchen shelves, 2. kitchen shelf, 3. newly painted kitchen, 4. kitchen cabinet blinds, 5. Green kitchen + white cabinets + red accents, 6. kitchen, 7. My Vintage Kitchen Stove, 8. redoing the bathroom/laundry room, 9. the kitchen

As the boy toils away on the bathroom transformation - cue sawing noises, crashing and occasional swearing - I have moved on in search of inspiration for the kitchen renovation.  

I'm finding the home deco groups on Flickr a fantastic source of ideas, and while the sheer number of images available is a little overwhelming - argh, how will I get through them all and what if I miss something amazing - the volume certainly helps to refine my taste and create ideas about what might work. 

The images above seem themed around pale greens, wood worktops and lots of clever pretty storage. Although I was also drawn to strong, vibrant blues:


Thinking caps on...

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love number 6, specially the board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hugely liking the lime green kitchen here:

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/03/before-after-melanies-kitchen-living-room.html

    and also the colours and tones here in this kitchen:

    http://www.nestledin.net/2010/03/visiting-katrin/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin