Thursday 25 March 2010

Sewing project update: choosing my fabric


A teeny-weeny, sneaky middle-of -the-working-day update on my somewhat ambitious sewing project to make myself a fifties-style prom dress …

Tucked away in the lovely, eclectic Brighton Lanes, there is a superb fabric shop called Ditto containing many dream textiles and "such stuff as dreams are made of", from retro Eiffel  Tower prints to flora and fauna designs, to polka dot oil-cloth in many delicious colours.

The choice was difficult – I could imagine my pattern working splendidly in quite a few of the styles – but my heart was lost to this little beauty, which is both summery and retro, and I left with 5 metres of the glorious stuff.






Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Looking forward to more updates and the end result! Next time I'm in London, would you take me to that shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, it's in Brighton but we could gave a daytrip to the seaside... Or there's an equally fab one in Hackney I have just discovered! XX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin