Saturday 24 July 2010

A week of birthdays

I recently turned 32, and looking back from the peace and quiet of my holiday, I think the theme of my birthday week was around and orienting myself within my community. Everything we did was about strengthening connections, and being at the heart of a network of personal relationships, friendships and community.


We dog-sat for Little Sister, and untangled Digs from Clive Anderson's dogs in Highbury Fields.


We drank leisurely in the Victoria Park sunshine with friends, their kids and their dogs.


We ate wonderful Japanese food, throwing together an old friend and the Boy's mum, all getting along beautifully.


I saw the wonderful Corinne Bailey Rae at Somerset House with A, and sang along with the crowd.


I walked 5K for Cancer Research at Hyde Park, was moved by messages of hope and sorrow, and was touched by being part of the sea of pink united by the same purpose.


A lovely week, full of reminders of what really counts in life, to outweigh the stresses and strains of the workaday world.

PS: On more material matters, check out this fantastic birdhouse the Boy made! The chimneys are excellent. He made three in total for the garden. So talented!


Also, he got this amazing vintage gardening guide as an unbirthday present from his mum.


What's an unbirthday? This will explain:

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin