Tuesday 11 January 2011

Scented candles in vintage tea cups

One of my more successful homemade presents: scented candles made from vintage tea cups and saucers.


Take one candle making kit, lavender essence, a bunch of thrifted china (great fun to source) and some pretty wrappings and trimmings - and hey presto. The only tricky bit was getting the wicks dead-centre when pouring the warmed wax.


A bit of cellophane, a bit of ribbon - I even did little cards using hand-carved stamps and a "made by me" stamp drawn for me by the talented Sianuska ...


Such fun, and so quaint and pretty.

And they seemed to go down quite well. Well, better than buying people random stuff they don't need or want for the sake of it, I guess!

Right, what can I make next?I wonder ...

[http://www.thisbutterflymind.blogspot.com]

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin