Wednesday 13 January 2010

13th January. Snow.




I started the day in a horribly bad mood - forgot my keys, needed wellies, slammed the door, slipped on the icy path, tube delayed and crowded - and startled myself by the smallness of the small stuff I was well and truly sweating. How ridiculous to be so affected by minor upsets and utterly surmountable obstacles.  Storm ... teacup ... anyone?  I forced myself to be still, calm and slow until the feeling subsided. Oh, and a nice slow-brewed fairtrade coffee in a pretty mug helped too.

So, to aid and abet that elusive still, calm feeling, I am going to look for inspiration and beauty in the small details of the day: this is the first, snow on branches in Elephant and Castle.

Hope it helps you too!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin